The Egypt Experience
Cairo + Luxor + Aswan
There aren’t very many places in the world where you can visit that mysterious civilization you read about as a child, dive into the tombs and colorful drawings on the walls, and cruise down the Nile drinking champagne on a luxury boat to connect with the origins of one of the oldest civilizations in the world.
Join us on our 9-day exploration of Egypt. Visit Cairo, its world wonder pyramids of Giza, and the magical cities of Luxor and Aswan.
We will experience the Egyptian civilization and culture on a deeper level than the limited narrative you’ve been told, diving into history but also enjoying the finest things in life with new friends aboard. You can’t call yourself a history buff until you come on this trip, where every day on the Nile you’ll not only be relaxing, but also learning history from our on board Egyptologists. Check out our client photos at #UITALEgypt.
Do you hear that? It’s the music from Muslim mosques reminding you how far you’ve come, so pour your favorite drink while enjoying the view of the pyramids from your hotel, and the exotic landscape of the Nile River from the boat. Egypt is a bucket list world wonder… so let’s get to ticking it off in style.
Whether you are soaking in the vibes of Cairo reflecting on the history you’ve learned, or marvelling at the pyramids aboard a camel, the magic of these cities will run through you while you explore, touch and feel the ancient world. You will feel blessed to experience the greatness of a 5,000 year old dynasty while you live your best life.
A historical immersion on the most Instagrammable places, five-star experiences, and a magical sailing down the Nile await you on your Up in the Air Life journey through Egypt.
Love the trip but not the dates?
GO NOW OR LATER WITH PRIVATE TRIP PLANNING
Here's your trip at a glance.
WHERE YOU'LL GO
From exploring the world wonder pyramids of Giza and its complex, this trip offers a wide variety of scenery (and selfie) options. You will be able to check must-see sites like the Giza Necropolis, the Egyptian Museum and Cairo’s markets, the Temple of Goddess Hathor and its chambers, the East Bank of Luxor, the Temple of Horus, and many other historical and selfie-worthy places.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This trip is your chance to be a history buff. From exploring the Acropolis of Giza aboard a camel to sailing down the Nile visiting the most amazing places in the world without doing anything, you will live and touch the history and beginnings of Egypt, connecting with the rich history of this ancient civilization.
WHERE YOU'LL STAY
From the hotel in Cairo to the boat you'll sail in down the Nile (including rooftop pool with incredible views), our accommodation is so extra. After a long day finding the best deals in the markets, visiting ancient ruins, or soaking in the sites, you will relax, sittin' pretty in nothing but 5-star accommodation. Only the best for Lifers!
Explore the day-by-day itinerary.
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU, IF:
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU, IF:
Welcome to Egypt! After a long trip, everyone needs to rest, and we got you! We are also very excited you are in Egypt with us.
In the evening, we’ll toast it up together and enjoy our first dinner in this magical city.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Today we’ll explore the Egyptian Museum with an Egyptologist. Here you can see the treasures of King Tutankhamun. The Egyptian Museum houses more than 160,000 objects covering 5,000 years of Egyptian history.
You will enjoy an afternoon on your own and the opportunity to do shopping or enjoy the spa at the hotel.
Now that you’re acclimated to the new timezone and well-rested, let’s go to the main attraction.
Today, we’ll visit one of the World Wonders, the Giza Pyramids, and the Sphynx.
We have included a camel ride for everyone! You will have an optional tour to go inside the pyramid as well. In the evening, This evening we will have an epic Farewell Dinner.
Today we’ll fly to Luxor for a leisure day at the hotel before we board the ship for an epic 4-night sail.
In the evening, dinner is on your own at the hotel.
This morning you’ll have the unique opportunity to go on a Hot Air Ballon ride.
Afterwards, we’ll board the boat and visit the Temple of Karnak built over more than one thousand years, by generations of Pharaohs.
In the evening, the Boat Manager will host a Cocktail Reception, with a selection of canapés, which will be followed by a gourmet dinner. Cheers!
Breakfast buffet on board, and depending on the water levels, we will sail or take a bus to Qena. Enjoy a morning visit to the Ptolemaic Temple of Goddess Hathor in Denderah, complete with a massive stone roof and dark chambers.
The afternoon tea will be served on board, from which your Egyptologist will guide you on a tour of the East Bank of Luxor, to the strikingly graceful Temple of Luxor, dedicated to the god Amun.
Enjoy the breakfast buffet on board while you cruise to Edfu for a morning visit to explore the extraordinary Temple of Horus. Enjoy lunch and afternoon tea on board. There will also be an Egyptian cooking lesson presented on board, before visiting the next temple.
The evening dinner on board will be an “Egyptian Night” costume party for all guests, with a chance to dress up in traditional Egyptian “Jalabiya”. Dinner will be a lavish buffet of Egyptian specialties, followed by oriental music and dancing for everyone.
Savor the breakfast buffet on board whilst sailing to Aswan, followed by a short motorboat ride to visit the majestic Philae Temple on the Island of Agilika.
Lunch will be on board. In the afternoon (weather permitting), take a ride on a felucca, a typical Egyptian sailboat, around Elephantine Island.
Enjoy your afternoon tea served in the lounge. The evening’s farewell dinner will be a Black Tie or Cocktail Attire Event, with white-gloved waiters serving gourmet cuisine.
It’s an early morning as we depart the boat and head to the airport for the journey home.
We’re thankful for our new friendships and memories we made.
No matter where you travel, our standards are the same.
YOU CAN ALWAYS EXPECT TO:
We provide the opportunity to make friendships with people who share your worldview and won't ask why you wear a bonnet to sleep.
Not only is the staff of Up in the Air Life dedicated to making sure your trip is flawlessly executed, but we are also intentional about choosing locales and vendors who celebrate Black travelers.
There is no need to take a break from your baller lifestyle when you travel with us. Our lodging, excursions, and dining are pure luxury.
Our experienced American guides and well-maintained local relationships mean that you will have peace of mind when you travel with us.
Our trips are anything but basic. While we make sure you see well-known main attractions, we also develop itineraries that will give you unique stories to share with your friends back home.
HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
The Egypt Experience
What is included:
Our trips get you close to that Beyoncé-on-a-boat lifestyle. Let us handle your travel style glow-up.
- Up In The Air Life On-site Tour Leader
- A Bon Voyage Group Video Call to review your trip live with the Up in the Air Life Team
- Concierge Support before your trip to assist you in Upgrading Your Room and Booking Optional Tours
- Concierge Support before your trip to book your spa appointments
- Concierge Support before your trip to book your restaurant reservations
- Up in the Air Life Private Concierge Chat during your trip for dining/spa reservations and more
- 3 Nights 5-star Hotel in Cairo
- 1 Nights 5-star Hotel in Luxor
- 4 Nights 5-star luxury boat down the Nile
- Daily breakfast at the Hotel/Boat
- Intra-country flights from Cairo to Luxor
- Welcome Multi-Course Dinner with wine pairings
- A celebratory Bubbly Toast to kick off our trip
- A visit to the Egyptian Museum
- A visit to the world-wonder Pyramids of Giza and the Sphynx
- Lunch during the Pyramids of Giza visit
- Farewell Multi-course Dinner in Cairo
- Captain’s Welcome Reception on the boat
- All breakfast, lunches and dinner are included on the luxury boat
- Visit the Valley of Kings
- Visit the temple of Horus
- Visit the Temple of Kom Ombo
- Visit the Majestic Philae Temple on the Island of Agilika
- Folkloric Show and Dervish Show
- A Felucca Sail down the Nile
- Visit the Temple of Karnak
- Visit the Temple of Luxor
- Egyptian Cooking Class
- Farewell Black Tie Event on the boat
- VIP Meet + Greet Private Airport Transfers
- Transportation to all hosted activities
- Personalized hand-selected gifts on your Swag bag
What is not included:
We take care of all the details on your itinerary once you land. If you want to further personalize your experience, go off!
- Round-trip airfare to and from the destination
- Travel Medical Insurance Insurance (Please note this is required to attend the trip.)
- Room Upgrades are available for purchase after booking
- Optional tours are available for purchase after booking
- Tips for Tour Leader, Guides and Drivers
- Passport or Visa Processing Fees
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of travel with at least 2 free visa pages.
- Expenses for vaccines that may be required
Can you envision yourself on this trip?
Download "The Egypt Experience" trip brochure and keep it handy as you continue to explore, or take the plunge and book now.