The Champagne+Cognac Experience
Champagne + Cognac
There aren’t very many places in the world where you can have private dinners in award-winning cellars, sip one of the best bubblies in the world, and visit the greatest liquor houses that have poured drinks to French kings and queens since the 18th century.
Join us on our 8-day luxury exploration in France and experience the French way of enjoying the finest things in life on a deeper level than a local sommelier may have taught you. You can’t call yourself a connoisseur until you have tasted the wonders that France has to offer. Check out our client photos at #UITALChampagne
Do you hear that? That’s the sound of your tastebuds singing after you savor the magic-made cognac, sipping sommelier-selected champagnes, and wowing over the four-course dinner as you take in the history of the grandest houses in the region.
And you didn’t come snatched for nothin’! The pics you will snap of your melanin poppin’ in front of the gothic architecture, sipping some bubbly will be enough to shut down the gram, no cap.
Whether you are popping bottles, relaxing at the hotel, or champagne shopping with an expert, this sensorial journey will make you feel blessed to experience the grandeur of France.
Priceless moments with new friends, paired foods, tastings, and pampered relaxation await on your Up in the Air Life journey through France.
Love the trip but not the dates?
GO NOW OR LATER WITH PRIVATE TRIP PLANNING —
Here's your trip at a glance.
WHERE YOU'LL GO
From exploring picturesque medieval towns to touring the cellars, this trip offers a wide variety of scenery (and selfie) opportunities. You will visit must-see sites like the Basilique Saint-Remi, the famed Cognac houses of Hennesy and Remy Martin, the cellar of Moet & Chandon in Champagne, and lesser-known houses during your journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This trip is your chance to be classy, bougie, and a little ratchet. From high-dining on food created by the finest chefs, learning about Cognac and Champagne from connoisseurs and educators to discovering their origins and exploring local haunts, you will experience the full spectrum of France's multifaceted gastronomic culture.
WHERE YOU'LL STAY
Our accommodations are so extra. After a long day visiting the cellars, exploring the town, or hanging out with your new friends, you will relax in leading hotels of the world and Cognac’s first luxury property. Only the best for Lifers!
Explore the day-by-day itinerary.
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU, IF:
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU, IF:
Arrive in Paris, France (CDG), and join the group for a scenic ride to Cognac.
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at our hotel, followed by a welcome cocktail in the hotel’s library, formerly a cottage where Cognac used to be made.
After our cocktail, we will have our Welcome Dinner as we prepare for the week ahead.
You’ve sipped Hennessy, but to really experience this libation, you must understand its origins.
We will tour the world’s most famous Cognac house, learn how it is made and what makes Hennessy unique, and enjoy a private tasting of two of their cuvées.
After Hennessy, we venture to Meukow. One of the lesser-known Cognac houses in the U.S., Meukow has a storied history and makes unique cognacs. We will have a three-course lunch, followed by a tour and tasting. Last, but definitely not least, Courvoisier.
Enjoy your free day at the spa, hotel, or meandering around the town.
There are numerous smaller Cognac houses close to the hotel where you can discover more Cognac, grab souvenirs, dine, and experience the city.
Join us for a glass of Cognac and cigar in the smoking lounge before we venture inside for our very own pool party.
Rémy Martin is one of the most storied and famed Cognac houses in the world.
Today we explore the world of Rémy Martin with a private production tour, a Cognac cocktail creation class tour and a tour of the famed chateau house.
Enjoy a relaxing morning with a lavish breakfast buffet and a-la-carte delights at the hotel. Today we will be whisked off to Champagne via a private coach and check in to Hotel de la Paix centrally located in the heart of Reims.
We will experience our wine and food paired Welcome Dinner along with a discussion on what makes champagne, Champagne!
Enjoy a relaxing morning and breakfast buffet at the hotel. Lunch today includes an amazing champagne tasting at the only vineyard in Reims that is one of the top-selling champagnes in France.
Our private tour of their Champagne House today includes a wonderful art selection that tells the history of the vineyard and a delightful 3-course lunch paired with various champagnes.
Julia, our very own Champagne connoisseur and educator, will lead an optional and personalized Champagne shopping experience at her favorite store in Reims. This is not to be missed!
Enjoy a relaxing morning and breakfast buffet at the hotel. The day is yours to enjoy! Indulge with a spa treatment, stroll around the hotel, chillay in the pool as you reflect on how you stepped on your luxe game.
Tonight we will have an in-depth tour at Moët & Chandon with tasting, followed by an elegant private four-course dinner with unlimited Champagne in the Moët caves. Come thirsty!
Enjoy a relaxing morning and breakfast buffet at the hotel.
Your Up in the Air Life guide will then whisk you away to the airport for your flight back home.
No matter where you travel, our standards are the same.
YOU CAN ALWAYS EXPECT TO:
We provide the opportunity to make friendships with people who share your worldview and won't ask why you wear a bonnet to sleep.
Not only is the staff of Up in the Air Life dedicated to making sure your trip is flawlessly executed, but we are also intentional about choosing locales and vendors who celebrate Black travelers.
There is no need to take a break from your baller lifestyle when you travel with us. Our lodging, excursions, and dining are pure luxury.
Our experienced American guides and well-maintained local relationships mean that you will have peace of mind when you travel with us.
Our trips are anything but basic. While we make sure you see well-known main attractions, we also develop itineraries that will give you unique stories to share with your friends back home.
HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
The France Experience
What is included:
Our trips get you close to that Beyoncé-on-a-boat lifestyle. Let us handle your travel style glow up.
- Up In The Air Life On-site Tour Leader
- Up in the Air Life Wine Educator
- A Bon Voyage Group Video Call to review your trip live with the Up in the Air Life Team
- Concierge Support before your trip to assist you in Upgrading Your Room and Booking Optional Tours
- Concierge Support before your trip to book your spa appointments
- Concierge Support before your trip to book your restaurant reservations
- Up in the Air Life Private Concierge Chat during your trip for dining/spa reservations and more
- 4 Nights at a 5-star Hotel in Cognac, France
- 4 Nights at a 5-star Hotel in Reims, France
- Private Coach Transportation from Reims to Cognac
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome Multi-course Dinner paired with Wine and Cognac
- Private Tour and tasting at Hennessy
- Chef-inspired Multi-course lunch
- Private Tour and tasting at a Cognac House
- Private Tour and Cocktail Class at a Cognac House
- Private Castle Tour and 40 Year Cognac Tasting
- Cognac + Cigar nightcap at the hotel
- Group Indoor Pool Party
- Private Tour with Multi-course Lunch paired with Champagne at one of the top-selling Champagne Houses
- Wine Shopping with the Wine Educator
- Private Multi-course dinner in Moet Caves with paired with Vintage Champagne
- Private Coach for the group to all activities on the itinerary
- Welcome to Reims Multi-Course Dinner paired with wines
- VIP Meet + Greet Private Airport Transfers
- Personalized hand-selected gifts in your Swag bag
What is not included:
We take care of all the details on your itinerary once you land. If you want to further personalize your experience, go off!
- Round-trip airfare to and from the destination
- Travel Medical Insurance Insurance (Please note this is required to attend the trip.)
- Room Upgrades are available for purchase after booking
- Optional tours are available for purchase after booking
- Tips for Tour Leader, Guides and Drivers
- Passport or Visa Processing Fees
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of travel with at least 2 free visa pages.
- Expenses for vaccines that may be required
Can you envision yourself on this trip?
Download the Champagne + Cognac trip brochure and keep it handy as you continue to explore, or take the plunge and book now.