The South Africa Experience
Johannesburg + Luxury Safari Trip + Cape Town
Join us on our 11-day luxury adventure in South Africa and experience the country’s culture on a deeper level than the limited Apartheid narrative you’ve been told. You can’t call yourself woke until you have experienced our ancestral home for yourself. Check out our client photos at #UITALSouthAfrica.
Do you hear that? That’s the sound of your tastebuds singing after you savor the local culinary magic at Neighbourgoods Day Party & Market, sip sommelier-selected wines in the winelands, and swoon over the traditional fare and captivating storytelling at the Yeoville Supper Club.
And you didn’t come snatched for nothin’! The pics you will snap of your melanin poppin’ in front of the brightly colored homes of Bo-Kaap will be enough to shut down the gram, no cap.
Whether you are soaking it in on a cruise, in a helicopter, or from the top of Table Mountain, the breathtaking scenery will make you feel blessed to experience the beauty of the Motherland.
Priceless moments with new friends, historical exploration, and pampered relaxation await you on your Up in the Air Life journey through South Africa.
Love the trip but not the dates?
GO NOW OR LATER WITH PRIVATE TRIP PLANNING —
Here's your trip at a glance.
WHERE YOU'LL GO
From exploring the concrete jungle to embarking on safari, this trip offers a wide variety of scenery (and selfie) options. You will be able to check must-see sites like Nelson Mandela’s House, Shambala Private Game Reserve, and Robben Island off your bucket list.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This trip is your chance to be classy, bougie, and a little ratchet. From dining on food created by the finest chefs and learning about the unexpected nuances of Nelson Mandela's story to Kicking at the most lit parties, you will experience the spectrum of South Africa's multifaceted culture.
WHERE YOU'LL STAY
Our accommodations are so extra. After a long day admiring the majesty of elephants, finding the best deals in the market, or soaking in the sites, you will relax in a sumptuous private villa, garden lodge, or freestanding suite. Only the best for Lifers!
Explore the day-by-day itinerary.
THIS TRIP IS FOR YOU, IF:
THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR YOU, IF:
Welcome to Johannesburg, South Africa!
Arrive at Johannesburg Airport (JNB). After you’ve checked into your luxurious accommodations and had a chance to rest up, we will toast it up at Sanza’s, Yeoville’s now-famous South African denizen. He offers a culinary family-style dinner journey fusing vegan vibes, cocktails, wine & storytelling with traditional food from every corner of the continent.
No matter where you travel, our standards are the same.
YOU CAN ALWAYS EXPECT TO:
Connect with amazing people.
We provide the opportunity to make friendships with people who share your worldview and won't ask why you wear a bonnet to sleep.
and authentic hospitality.
Not only is the staff of Up in the Air Life dedicated to making sure your trip is flawlessly executed, but we are also intentional about choosing locales and vendors who celebrate Black travelers
Be pampered with only the best.
There is no need to take a break from your baller lifestyle when you travel with us. Our lodging, excursions, and dining are pure luxury.
Feel safe and secure.
Our experienced American guides and well-maintained local relationships mean that you will have peace of mind when you travel with us.
Say "goodbye" to FOMO.
Our trips are anything but basic. While we make sure you see well-known main attractions, we also develop itineraries that will give you unique stories to share with your friends back home.
HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
The South Africa Experience
What is included:
Our trips get you close to that Beyoncé-on-a-boat lifestyle. Let us handle your travel style glow up.
- Up in the Air Life Onsite Staff
- Intra-country flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town
- 4 Nights Lodging Accommodations at The Saxon in Johannesburg (5 stars) with Butler Service
- 2 Nights Lodging Accommodations at the Luxury Shambala Private Game Reserve Safari Camp (5 stars) with Butler Service
- 4 Nights Lodging Accommodations at a 5 star hotel in Cape Town
- 6 Nights of Butler service while in Johannesburg
- Daily gourmet breakfasts at all hotels
- All meals, South African wine, local spirits, and liquors included while at the Luxury Safari Camp
- Daily Game Drives at the Luxury Safari Camp
- A sundowner cruise at the Luxury Safari Camp
- Pan Africa Plate Welcome Dinner
- Inside Apartheid Museum and Mandela’s House Tour
- The other side of Soweto Tour
- Neighborhoods Local Day Event
- VIP Rooftop Cocktails and History Tour
- Bo-Kaap Cooking and Photo Tour
- VIP Robben Island Helicopter Tour
- Table Mountain Tour
- Private Dinner at Winelands Cellar
- VIP Meet + Greet Private Airport Transfer
- Personalized hand-selected gifts on your Swag bag
What is not included:
We take care of all the details on your itinerary once you land. If you want to further personalize your experience, go off!
- International flights to Johannesburg (JNB), South Africa, and home from Cape Town (CPT), South Africa
- Activities not on the itinerary
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary
- Travel Medical Insurance abroad
- Passport & Visa fees
- Tips and gratuities for UITAL Staff, Guides, and Drivers
Can you envision yourself on this trip?
Download "The South Africa Experience" trip brochure and keep it handy as you continue to explore, or take the plunge and book now.